Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yay!!

Done, dusted and off to the distributor is Easter Flowers. I'm so happy! This is all so much fun, and each new release is a new wave of excitement. I'm sure after a few more this will become old hat and I'll be less enthusiastic about it, but for now it's a huge thrill.

This is my newest baby, stitched on 40 count Hay Fields linen from Sassy's Fabrics using Gloriana Silk threads.


So with that finished, I now have a week or two to relax and stitch whatever I want while I await test threads and my fabric for Celtic Wings. :) On one hand, it's nice not to have to worry about being perfect and just stitching for fun. On the other hand, I'm at the computer constantly, toying with colour samples and fiddling in Patternmaker with different little things floating around in my head. As I was saying to Sassy the other day, I'm ten steps ahead of myself. I haven't even started model stitching Celtic Wings yet, but I already have 1 more designed and have chosen the fabric for it, another two in my head but not quite clear enough to design yet, and ideas for a couple of others that are just starting to form in my mind. While it's nice to have lots of ideas, I want to take things one step at a time. I don't want to burn out and not know what to do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment