Monday, March 12, 2012

Throwing it out there...

As Jo mentioned in her comments to my last post, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm looking for a model stitcher, however I can't pay in cash at this time. You would of course get a copy of all of my charts to stitch for yourself, and likely stash and samples of stuff you want to play with. Payment method would change to cash or gift certificates as and when sales start to pick up later.

So what do I require in a model stitcher?

You would need to be able to stitch on high count fabrics. Not terribly high, I'm not talking about 55ct or anything (that's my own insanity and I don't force that on anyone!!). The bulk of my models are done on 34, 36 or 40ct linen, over two. The occasional one will have bits and pieces done over one.

At this time, I plan to do the heavy duty specialty stitch pieces myself. So it would mainly be cross stitch, with maybe the odd other stitches thrown in, but nothing terribly difficult.

A good background of stitching with overdyes and/or silks would be a big plus. Beading and metallics knowledge would be beneficial as well since I'm starting to use those more too.

Speed - well fast is good, but neatness is more important overall. No long carries behind the fabric and things like that but as long as it's not visible from the front or lumpy or anything it's fine. I'm not imposing deadlines for anything - basically anything I don't have to stitch myself is a big bonus for me right now. A few months to finish one is just fine.

I would of course be supplying you with all the materials to stitch any model, so no worries about having to spend any money or anything. You would be given credit in the chart or any other publication the design shows up in. It might be a nice opportunity for someone who wants to play with lots of different kinds of fabric/silks/metallics/beads! 

I know it's a lot to ask without offering payment, but if you think it might be fun and have the time to do it, please contact me at northernexpressionsneedlework@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be fun to do, but the time factor would be a real problem.

    I wish you all the best with your new endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the wonderful article about you and saw the gorgeous pictures of your needlework designs, and am so excited about them.
    The beautiful sampler that you designed for your mother is amazing, and it is no wonder that she wept when you gave it to her.
    'Antique Lace' is too incredible for words! I wish that I could see up closely because it truly looks like 'antique lace', and the center motif and background look like 'gossamer'.

    Wishing you great success with your designing venture!

    ReplyDelete